Recipe for: Summertime Chicken with Spinach
|2 Tbs||olive oil|
|3 medium||vine ripe tomatoes, seeds removed|
|2 Tbs||fresh lemon juice|
|1 Tbs||capers, drained|
|1 tsp||dried parsley|
|1 tsp||dried basil|
|½ tsp||dried oregeno|
|1 bag||fresh spinach|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
1. Using a non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Add garlic and the onion. Sautée until onions soften. Remove from heat.
2. Place sautéed onions & garlic in a bowl and add tomatoes, lemon juice, capers, parsley, basil, and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Halve each chicken breast horizontally (cut them parallel to the counter); cover with saran wrap and lightly pound each cutlet with a meat mallet until ~1/4" thick. In a pinch, you could also use a skillet or rolling pin. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
4. Using the same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until done - browned and opaque throughout, about 2-3 min per side.
5. Remove chicken from heat, set aside on a plate, and cover loosely with foil.
6. Add the tomato mixture back to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
7. To serve, plate chicken, top with the tomato/spinach medley, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Gina's passion for photography, style, experimenting, and food brought her the inspiration to create Pretty Little Dishes.
SideChef is a step-by-step cooking app that combines the most modern technologies with handpicked recipes to create great cooking experiences.