Recipe for: Peach Galette
|1||9" pie crust, room temperature & rolled out to 12"|
|1½ pounds||ripe peaches, pitted & sliced|
|8 ounces||strawberries or cherries, sliced|
|4 Tbs||brown sugar|
|¾ tsp||cinnamon, divided|
|½ tsp||vanilla extract|
|¼ cup||almond (meal) flour|
|1 Tbs||half & half (can substitute milk)|
|1 Tbs||raw/coarse sugar|
|vanilla ice cream, to serve|
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place pie crust on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine peaches, berries/cherries, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon, and vanilla. Gently combine.
3. Sprinkle almond flour on center the pastry, leaving a 2"-3" border without flour.
4. Place the combined fruit on to the almond flour dusted pastry, again leaving the border free of fruit.
5. Fold edges of the dough over the fruit, pleating as you go, forming about a 9" diameter galette.
6. Transfer to the freezer and let freeze for up to 1 hour to firm up.
7. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
8. After the hour has passed, remove the galette and brush the exposed pastry edge with the half & half.
9. Combine raw/coarse sugar with the remaining ¼ tsp of cinnamon & sprinkle evenly over the galette.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. The fruit will bubble and the juice will caramelize on the parchment.
11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
12. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve!
Gina's passion for photography, style, experimenting, and food brought her the inspiration to create Pretty Little Dishes.
SideChef is a step-by-step cooking app that combines the most modern technologies with handpicked recipes to create great cooking experiences.