Recipe for: Grand Slam Stuffed Burgers
|1½ pounds||ground beef|
|6-8 slices||bacon, cut in half & fried until crispy|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
|baby spinach or lettuce|
|sliced red tomato|
|Jalapeño Pimento Cheese:|
|1 cup||cheddar cheese|
|½ cup||mozzarella cheese|
|1/3 cup||cream cheese|
|½ tsp||garlic powder|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|red chili flakes, to taste|
|2-3 Tbs||chopped jalapeño|
|2-3 Tbs||jarred pimento peppers|
1. Mix all Jalapeño Pimento Cheese ingredients in a bowl.
2. Divide beef into four equal portions.
3. Divide each portion into two halves (making the top and bottom of the stuffed burger) and season both sides well with salt and black pepper.
4. Place one patty half into a burger press and press down so a well is made into the beef.
5. Fill well with 2-3 pieces of cooked bacon and 2-3 Tbs of Jalapeno Pimento cheese mixture.
6. Place second half of beef patty (seasoned with salt and black pepper) and press with burger press to make stuffed burger.
7. Heat a grill or cast iron with some canola oil on medium-high heat and place stuffed burger.
8. Cook on both sides until beef is cooked through (about 5-6 minutes on each side) so the cheese melts inside the burger.
9. Place on a toasted burger bun slathered with some mayo and garnish with fried egg, tomato and spinach leaves or lettuce. Enjoy.
Ramona was born in Sri Lanka, but grew up in the States. Her blog, Curry and Comfort, represents both her love of curry and American food… plus everything in between.
SideChef is a step-by-step cooking app that combines the most modern technologies with handpicked recipes to create great cooking experiences.