Recipe for: Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish
|3 Tbs||low sodium soy sauce|
|1 cup||coconut milk|
|½ tsp||red pepper|
|2 Tbs||lime juice|
|1 tsp||chili powder|
|1 Tbs||brown sugar|
|1/8 tsp||ground ginger|
|1 can||diced pineapple|
|1||red bell pepper|
|½ tsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|2||banana leaves or parchment paper|
1. Mince the two garlic cloves. Chop the cilantro and the scallion, green part only. Dice the red bell pepper and the jalapeno pepper.
2. Place shallot, one garlic clove, low sodium soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, roasted red pepper, ground ginger, and brown sugar in a food processor, blend into a marinade.
3. Place tilapia in a large plastic bag and add about 2/3 of the marinade to the bag, reserving a third for later. Marinate fish overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Combine canned diced pineapple, scallion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, juice of the lime, salt, and olive oil. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350° F.
6. Cook rice according to instructions and set aside. Keep warm.
7. Place a banana leaf seam side up on a cutting board. Take a marinated fish filet and place in the center of the leaf. Wrap the fish with the leaf and secure it with toothpicks. Turn wrapped fish over (seam side down) and place in a glass baking dish.
8. Bake in a 350° F oven for about 20 minutes or until fish is done.
9. Add reserved curry marinade to a sauce pan and heat over medium high heat for about 5 minutes- just until it starts to simmer.
10. Once the fish is cooked, unwrap and serve it on plate with rice. Drizzle marinade over fish and top with fruit salsa.
Gina's passion for photography, style, experimenting, and food brought her the inspiration to create Pretty Little Dishes.
SideChef is a step-by-step cooking app that combines the most modern technologies with handpicked recipes to create great cooking experiences.